Doing a dual or more than 3 bootable OS

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Badboy1976
Level 1
Level 1

Doing a dual or more than 3 bootable OS

Post by Badboy1976 »

:twisted: I want to share a little on doing dual boot and even getting MacOSv to work on almost any PC. I don't know how much I am allowed to share it t give all the info on, but you can email me for exact steroids t too make this work. I have 5 OS on one PC, and two of them are ran in live CD mode for lighter on the system and convently fast. Instead of installing Linux mint or Ubuntu, take and write the iso to your hard drive in a10GB partition, to then you take the grub boot for and the EFI and place then in a 55mb system partition, this partition tells the PC how many OS and tells whichever you choose to boot. Now create your 50GB windows 10 partition. Now create your 35GB partition for MacOS. Now the rest of the hard drive that's left create a partition for the full size left and format it to exFAT, this partition you assign as the document/data partition that ubantu, mint, windows and MacOS share together.

They can't see each other files between windows vs and, and windows can not see mint or ubantu file, but mint and Ubantu can see all files. Mint and Ubantu will always run in virtual state as if from a USB drive, light but fast, just never install them proper, use mints restore partition to write the iso to small 4-10gb partitions. Now install windows 10 to it's partition. Once it's installing you need to set up virtualbox and it's extension pkg. Next check with hackintosh with what Mac OS will work right with your motherboard and graphics card. Get the"hackintosh installer for that application OS. Now from here you you have to followv each step exactly. Set up virtualbox to install MacOS. If you try to use the installer on your PC it will probably be rejected as I see all the time, so that's why I've added this sequence to make it work when it has no choice if you follow this each step. Now you are gonna install the hackintosh installer in virtualbox, and you just boot the USB, SELECT install "MacOS" and it will take you to the select language, hit continue. Now at the top along the edge you see"utilities" select disk utility for there, and you only needed to make the hard drive 20gb. I'm disk utility you need to select the drive and hit the "erase" and in the drop down menu select the"extended journal" and make sure you"name" the position and don't forget that name and it's proper spelling as to how you spelled every letter for later use. Now exit the disk utility and agree to the terms and conditions section.

Now you will see you hard drive and the installer logo. Click on your hard drive you just named but don't double click or hit enter. To the bottom left you see"customize". Select it. The menu window will drop down. You need to click on every little blue arrow to open that set of kexts and select them all so they will be inside the operating system for use in your real PC in a little bit. Turn on all application so you know your system will have everything needed to be right. Once everything is selected, install that system. When the system gets to the language screen for you to set up the OS on virtualbox, you need to select the ones that keeps you for signing in, bypass all the setup pages you can, and you will come to one that requires you to enter a name and password, you need to select the X that turns out the machine but just click the X one time and the window comes with the selections to save the state of the machine, send a power off signal or to turn off the machine, leave it setting in that state of being paused. Now go to the location of your virtual machine for, the VDI, VHD or the VMDK and select copy and wait for it a minute and then in a disclosed location you paste that copy. Turn off your virtual machine. Now in it's settings you need to disconnect from the VHD that you made and then select your giving it another VHD and select your copied VMDK. I'm your virtualbox settings you need to go to the storage selection and for the optical drive, select Linux mint.

Now have a 32BG usb plugged it and start up the virtualbox and make sure that the USB is connected in the virtualbox. The machine will boot into Linux mint. Now you go into software and select "disk". Go to the hard drive and at the top of "disk" you see three dots, in there is the"create disk image". Mint can recognize and copy Mac files and system. Tell it to create the disk image and it's saved location is in the USB drive. Once it's complete you can turn off the machine and discard the VHD that you just made your image from, you don't want it to ever accidently get connected and powered on to send the UUID from two separate locations. Now go to your computer. Boot it up from a Linux mint USB. Now connect your USB to the PC. You will find it in"disk" where you then assign it a drive letter so you can access it for the disk image. Now at the top of the page those three dots, select restore disk image. Once it's done you do NOT attempt to boot it up.

You need to take the same file you used for the installation, same bootloader and you boot the PC with that USB. Now you will see your windows, mint, Ubantu and MacOS. You need to quickly hit an arrow key out something to disarm it from auto booting after a little time. Now move the clover handle from the installer over to high light your MacOS but so NOT hit enter yet. The name you have your partition in disk utility, you need it here. Type this: <partition name> -s -v -@boot, now select enter key. Watch it fly threw some text writing and when it stops at "bash.32: or at root, you then type: /sbin/fsck -fy and hit enter, wait till it stops and then type /sbin/mount -uw /, now hit enter. It will mount up. Now type "exit". It will start the debugging. As long as no panics were initialized it won't fail at changing any and all kexts and drivers that are available to patch your system in to the operating system, this debugging might take a couple hours, but once you see the register screen, create an account and then reboot the system this time letting it try to boot, which I'm confident that you won't have but a could small issues with headphones and the powermanagemt controller being missing it might drop the system is it detects that, but it should work just fine now. If it starts acting up, do the safe boot again so it can debug and scan the esystem again. I hope this might help someone or.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Larry78723
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Doing a dual or more than 3 bootable OS

Post by Larry78723 »

@Badboy1976 - Please edit your OP so that it has paragraphs, it will make it a lot easier to read.
If you have found the solution to your initial post, please open your original post, click on the pencil, and add (Solved) to the Subject, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

You are not the only one thinking a few paragraph breaks would help, I gave up half way through!
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
Larry78723
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Larry78723 »

That makes at least two of us!
If you have found the solution to your initial post, please open your original post, click on the pencil, and add (Solved) to the Subject, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

something similar was done some years ago:
https://forums.justlinux.com/showthread ... ms-in-a-PC
How to install and boot 145 operating systems in a PC
8)

you sure can multi-boot in any computer,
- with an little planning, before-hand.
:)
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

Well, if you go the route of Bedrock Linux, you can effectively run as many distros simultaneously as you like.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel

Return to “Chat about Linux”