GUESS what I'm doing ???

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

GUESS what I'm doing ???

Post by Pepi »

Putting Gentoo on my PI 4 8 GIG :mrgreen: I need to quit drinking :mrgreen: I'm at 60 out of 507 on 'Genup' update :lol: Should be done around 4:00 am :lol:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
old_noob
Level 4
Level 4

Re: GUESS what I'm doing ???

Post by old_noob »

Pepi wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:52 pm Putting Gentoo on my PI 4 8 GIG :mrgreen: I need to quit drinking :mrgreen:
There is a hilarious video on YouTube of a guy coming home drunk and deciding to install Arch. Girlfriend cracking up in the background is an added bonus.
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Post by spamegg »

Pepi wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:52 pm Putting Gentoo on my PI 4 8 GIG :mrgreen: I need to quit drinking :mrgreen: I'm at 60 out of 507 on 'Genup' update :lol: Should be done around 4:00 am :lol:
Sounds fun! I've done Arch, Slackware and Gentoo recently for fun. And yeah you should quit drinking (speaking from experience) :D
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pepi »

Gentoo would make anyone quit drinking :mrgreen: Thank God for Linux Mint 8)
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

For those unfamiliar with Gentoo, here's how it was explained to me. Installing Mint or Ubuntu is like buying Ikea furniture and then assembling it at home yourself. Installing Gentoo is like buying a woodlot and a sawmill.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

Pepi wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:52 pm GUESS what I'm doing ???
And here I thought you were jumping up and down while playing Trumpet Voluntary in a bowl of live goldfish.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pepi »

Hoser Rob wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:35 am For those unfamiliar with Gentoo, here's how it was explained to me. Installing Mint or Ubuntu is like buying Ikea furniture and then assembling it at home yourself. Installing Gentoo is like buying a woodlot and a sawmill.
That is a good way to explain it :mrgreen: I put Gentoo on the back burner and threw away the wine
Termy
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Termy »

Good luck with that. There are binary packages for things, apparently, but I'm sure you'll be compiling a copious amount of stuff, so that should be 'fun'. :P
I'm also Terminalforlife on GitHub.
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pepi »

Also, that wine I threw away was a bottle.

Return to “Chat about Linux”