[SOLVED] ui crashes after login, GLib-GIO-ERROR

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
alfonz19
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] ui crashes after login, GLib-GIO-ERROR

Post by alfonz19 »

Hi,

I have fresh f35 cinnamon installation. After `dnf update` and few packages installed via `fedy` the cinnamon crashes upon login.

.xsession-errors complained about missing binaries and that selinux refused access to some card. So I installed them and disabled selinux, but still no good. Can someone take a quick peek to suggest what can be wrong here?

Thanks.
Attachments
.xsession-errors.txt
(11.38 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
alfonz19
Level 1
Level 1

Re: fresh install of f35, ui crashes after login after update

Post by alfonz19 »

so the key here was googling:

GLib-GIO-ERROR Settings schema is not installed

which led me to this page: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/165 ... em-proxy-i

accepted answer suggest to install something, but alternative one asks for executin:

Code: Select all

sudo /usr/bin/glib-compile-schemas /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/
and this solves the issue. So if someone gets errors "GLib-GIO-ERROR ", this is the solution.
I have no idea what's going on lately with linux distros, but even the operations which should be really safe and always worked (like fresh system installation, grub detection), seems to yield fatal results quite often lately.
alfonz19
Level 1
Level 1

Post by alfonz19 »

OK, question is solved. I probably don't have privileges to mark this as solved. I'd also update the SUBJ, if someone searches by content of .xsession-errors, but I probably dont have privileges for that either. If you can, please help me with that. Thanks.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

alfonz19 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:10 pm OK, question is solved. I probably don't have privileges to mark this as solved. I'd also update the SUBJ, if someone searches by content of .xsession-errors, but I probably dont have privileges for that either. If you can, please help me with that. Thanks.
Glad you were able to find a solution. You have the ability to edit your posts. Please go to your first post in this topic, click the pencil icon, and add [SOLVED] to the title and make any other changes you feel are appropriate for the title. By changing the title of the very first post, that changes the title of the topic so others will find it in searches.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
alfonz19
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [SOLVED] ui crashes after login, GLib-GIO-ERROR

Post by alfonz19 »

Thanks, updated. I was looking for some button 'marked as solved' and didn't get link between first post and whole question. Thanks!

Return to “Chat about Linux”