Should a home user worry about this? (malware)

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Should a home user worry about this? (malware)

Post by rene »

I don't get burned out from/by newbies or otherwise unknowledgeables; I get burned out by clueless posers (which, I note, I would not yet find Marie to be).
Termy
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Termy »

rene wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:43 am I get burned out by clueless posers
I wasn't aware people like that were even on this site, let alone so many you could get burned out by it. Either way, a break is good now and then.
I'm also Terminalforlife on GitHub.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

One is really all it takes, in much the same way as one person yelling "fire!!" is -- and who only once everyone's outside of the theater clarifies that the orange shirt of the person in isle 3 was far, far too close for comfort, goes on to hand out bullet point pamphlets as to which shades of tshirt are to be distrusted, and then finally assures everyone they'd need not thank him for keeping them safe.
Termy
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Termy »

:lol: OK. I do my level best to simply ignore the unfavorable lot, for my own sanity. Life is too short for needless stress, and there's enough to stress about as it is! People are gonna do and say silly things all over the world for many years to come, if not every year to come. :P
Termy
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Termy »

PCDoctor wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:42 pm But i will also not stay with a project run by a community
I dont see any community
I installed redhat today and i will go away
There is something important to keep in mind: you will almost always have bad apples in life. But, if one car is broken, do you shut down all factories permanently? No, you address the problem, which in your case is to simply ignore the 'broken car'. I've come across the occasional rotten apples online, but does that mean I stop paying my Internet bill? No, because that's illogical.

That you've come across bad apples does not necessitate Linux Mint is "run by a community", although, isn't it anyway? Surely it's a community-driven project, like most Linux distributions? I mean, the community can submit reports, code, documentation, help moderate the forums, and donate money. The community consists of the users, without whom this distribution maybe wouldn't even exist.

Anywho, wherever you end up, I hope you take something away from this experience, and I hope you enjoy wherever you stay.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Moderator note: Shiroe's question can now be found here Would picosnitch detect this malware? because new questions should not be added to existing topics.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Chat about Linux”