xapp leaving files in tmp? [Slackware]

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
skaendo
Level 1
Level 1

xapp leaving files in tmp? [Slackware]

Post by skaendo »

First, I am running a custom Cinnamon build on Slackware, I don't know if that has anything to do with it since I don't have any LM installs currently to test with.

I opened up my /tmp dir and I noticed a lot *.png files leftover that seem to be left by xapp for some reason.

I do not even build the programs that the images relate to with xapp (or anything for Cinnamon) installed. Everything I build is built in a chroot environment with only dependencies for the package that is being built, then the chroot is destroyed and a new one is created for any other packages.

I am assuming that xapp is somehow used for the tray and displaying the icons. That is the only connection that I can make.

I don't really see this as a "problem", but it is a bit of an annoyance. I like to keep my /tmp rather clean aside from the usual running proccess stuff.

Is this just happening for me, or is this normal behavior?

Here is a image of what I am talking about: https://imgur.com/a/lUSbLY3
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Chat about Linux”