fuduntu 14.8

Chat about Linux in general
LarryP
Level 3
Level 3

fuduntu 14.8

Post by LarryP »

Interesting distro here http://www.linuxtoday.com/infrastructur ... 0139NWSWRL I just downloaded nd booted into the live dvd' quick boot from livedvd, and I think it it the first one I tried that recognised my broadcom wireless chip and connected from the dvd. I'll be playing with it for awhile but it feels good. EDIT: GRRRRR halfway throught the install it hung up and froze my laptop just at the point it asks how to partition your drive. Good thing is it didn't bork the system just had to hard shut-down.I'm not going to let the fedoro installer whip me though hell it seems like a pretty good one just doesnt agree with something on my lappy.
TANSTAAFL There ain't no such thing as a free lunch
fewt
Level 1
Level 1

Re: fuduntu 14.8

Post by fewt »

Did you get it working?
[ ~/Blog ] - [ Fuduntu ] - [ Fuduntu Forum ] - [ Jupiter ] - [ Aurora ]
LarryP
Level 3
Level 3

Post by LarryP »

fewt, I didn't check the fuduntu forums to see your prompt reply and suggestion on trying a usb mouse to solve it untill this morning wed, the 12th I'll give it a shot.I must say having the man who made the distro offer help there and come ask if it helped impressed me :D . I'll post once I get a mouse and try,
TANSTAAFL There ain't no such thing as a free lunch
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Midnighter »

Loaded this on my Acer Aspire One D250 netbook, all very well so far, everything seems to work, and it handles my wireless broadband usb modem fine also. Will see how it lasts. :)
If you accept - and I do - that freedom of speech is important, then you are going to have to defend the indefensible. That means you are going to be defending the right of people to read, or to write, or to say, what you don't say or like or want said.
fewt
Level 1
Level 1

Post by fewt »

LarryP wrote:fewt, I didn't check the fuduntu forums to see your prompt reply and suggestion on trying a usb mouse to solve it untill this morning wed, the 12th I'll give it a shot.I must say having the man who made the distro offer help there and come ask if it helped impressed me :D . I'll post once I get a mouse and try,
Cool, saw this and wanted to make sure it was resolved for you. Let me know. :D
[ ~/Blog ] - [ Fuduntu ] - [ Fuduntu Forum ] - [ Jupiter ] - [ Aurora ]

Return to “Chat about Linux”