mint 12 kde and netrunner4.0 kde

Chat about Linux in general
podagee
Level 5
Level 5

mint 12 kde and netrunner4.0 kde

Post by podagee »

starting with netrunner 4.0 kde:
a very nice distro built on kubuntu/oneiric.usability and desktop is phenomenal.nice ly done except one flaw that is really annoying.windows decorations tend to flicker black and remain black for a few seconds then repeats.hope there is a fix soon for it cause its really pesty.other than that pretty nice job.

mint12 kde rc:
although still an rc and out only a couple days ive found it to be really nice.not buggy at all except some apps wont load and software manager turns off when trying to install software.i know it will be great when the final release hits.

hopefully in mint 12 kde final they will add built in icons on the panel such as the ones in netrunner 4.0.
in my opinion 2 beautifully made kde distros
Say it with me,"podagee,....(poh-duh-gee),"
got it?GOOD!

Toshiba Satellite P755-S5393 Intel i7
octo-core @ 2.20ghz
750gb hdd
8gb ram
Windows 8 PRO w/WMC 64bit

tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: mint 12 kde and netrunner4.0 kde

Post by tdockery97 »

I still haven't been able to duplicate the failure of Software Center. I've installed a few apps using it and it worked fine.
Mint Cinnamon 19.3

kenhall5551
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kenhall5551 »

I agree with your assesment of Netrunner. Very nice. Another issue I have found is that in the four days I have had NR installed their repositories seem to be a mess. First their main NR repositories were offline, then they were OK a couple of days later, now this morning I find an erroir mesage about their repos from kubuntu are offline. Quite anoying. two repo failures in four days is not a promising start. I hope they can solve these issues soon. I tried posting on thier forums, but after registering and being told I would recieve an e-mail confirmation and password, I have not heard a peep out of them, so no posting without registration and no registation because of no contact from them, and yes, I checked my spam folder.
I think in gereral, Netrunneris a very nice version of KDE. But these issues I have mentioned are quite exasperating. :?

podagee
Level 5
Level 5

Post by podagee »

i gave up on netrunner even if its nice.the sound from the web wouldnt play i even checked phonon.it has desktop sounds just no web sound.
moved on to opensuse 12.1 kde and i am really loving it.
got it?GOOD!

octo-core @ 2.20ghz
750gb hdd
8gb ram

cudayne
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cudayne »

strange how some of use have major problems with the software manager an some of us don't. i wonder why that is.

podagee
Level 5
Level 5

Post by podagee »

welcome to linux,where there are complications and headaches.
but once running its the best.
i almost went back to windows 7,but,luckily i turned to opensuse12.1 kde
got it?GOOD!

octo-core @ 2.20ghz
750gb hdd
8gb ram

wavespot
Level 2
Level 2

Post by wavespot »

Thanks for you report and your interest for both LM12-KDE and Netrunner. In order to identify the issue I need some further informations.

Which update manager did you used ? synaptic or mintupdate or... ?

What are the packages which cannot load ? If there's always the same, could you post your sources.list file and files included in sources.list.d folder ?

Thanks

aronix
Level 1
Level 1

Post by aronix »

I had the same problems too while testing the live dvd in virtualbox.The linux mint software center opens and vanishes after 5 seconds.I ran it again from terminal and got a segfault error.Hope it will be fixed in a week or two.

cudayne
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cudayne »

I have the same problem with the software center. opens up loads then poof gone again. I am hopeing its something small that gets fixed soon. the update manaer works fine for me though.

Return to “Chat about Linux”