opensuse 12.1 KDE

Chat about Linux in general
podagee
Level 5
Level 5

opensuse 12.1 KDE

Post by podagee »

so ive decided to go with opensuse12.1 kde ,because,mint 12 kde is still in rc and has a lot of crashes,its nice,but,not too have installed just yet.
netrunner4.0 was really nice until after the update.i had desktop sound but no sound coming from the web.tried fixing and just gave up on it as it was also having constant crashes.
opensuse kde 12.1 is working flawlessly right now.a beautiful distro.gonna wait till the final of mint 12 kde comes out for the dual boot.

for beginners in kde,like me,opensuse is great.i suggest giving it a spin if you cant find a distro to settle with.
Say it with me,"podagee,....(poh-duh-gee),"
got it?GOOD!

Toshiba Satellite P755-S5393 Intel i7
octo-core @ 2.20ghz
750gb hdd
8gb ram
Windows 8 PRO w/WMC 64bit

sagirfahmid3
Level 6
Level 6

Re: opensuse 12.1 KDE

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

I found OpenSUSE to be harder than using Mint; I tried it before I discovered Ubuntu, after which I discovered Mint and decided to stick with it.

MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MALsPa »

At least one reviewer was far less than impressed with openSUSE 12.1 KDE. Dedoimedo did two reviews -- 64-bit and 32-bit:

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/open ... h-end.html

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/open ... w-end.html

As always, your mileage may vary, but while I keep saying that I'm gonna take openSUSE for a spin at some point, I'll probably hold off a while longer.

cudayne
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cudayne »

I have open SUSE 12/1 an have installed it. Its just after installing it the got too grab this codex that codex set this up that up i just wasn't impressed one thing as much as i hate too admit it keeps me coming back too mint is once its installed its installed.

There is no codex grabbing game. That being said once it is setup it is pretty nice an runs really good one thing about it my nvidia vedo card was real easy too get running in SUSE 12.1 something i have yet gotten too work in LM12 Kde rc

podagee
Level 5
Level 5

Post by podagee »

i agree that opensuse is a bit harder,but,like any distro that is unfamiliar it takes some getting used to.
an example:
to install something in ubuntu/mint you'd generally type in sudo apt-get install (package name)
in opensuse you'd type in terminal: zypper install (package name)
its a bit more simple.its sort of alien when first using,i honestly dont really have the hang of it but its getting better.
its really a nice distro and as far as kde running on my laptop....its going well even with the memory usage.
Say it with me,"podagee,....(poh-duh-gee),"
got it?GOOD!

Toshiba Satellite P755-S5393 Intel i7
octo-core @ 2.20ghz
750gb hdd
8gb ram
Windows 8 PRO w/WMC 64bit

Return to “Chat about Linux”