Ultimate Edition

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Herpy

Ultimate Edition

Post by Herpy »

Anyone ever used Ultimate edition? I rather like it!

http://ultimateedition.info/
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Ultimate Edition

Post by TBABill »

Way late answering this one, but yes I use UE as well. It has its ups and downs, more lately than normal, but the OS has generally been very good. I am using UE 3.2 right now and I like it a lot. Uses little resources, is fast and doesn't have the wireless hangs and other issues in Ubuntu 11.10 that also carried into Mint 12. Even though 3.2 is based on Ubuntu 11.10 like Mint 12, the devs fixed some issues before releasing it to enhance the user experience.

I'm still up in the air. I really like Cinnamon as well and Mint just keeps improving. Once resources get under control in Cinnamon it will probably become my DE of choice because of how little screen space it uses, how simplified it is and it just looks great.
claudecat

Re: Ultimate Edition

Post by claudecat »

UE is one of the strangest distros I've tried. WAY too much eye candy even for me... plus I'm not a fan of dark themes/backgrounds. I do like how they've integrated compiz into gnome 3 (classic) - it's just that they could have gone with a more subtle overall look and feel. I mean, rotating blue cursors? Garish custom compiz splash? 5 apps for every task (and several for no task at all)? Oh well... I'll bet there's a niche for this among the Mountain Dew generation.

Return to “Chat about Linux”