Samsung SSD T5

Support-Forum für deutschsprachige Benutzer

Moderator: karlchen

Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
marco_guenter95

Samsung SSD T5

Post by marco_guenter95 »

Hello Everyone,
I am new in Linux, in fact i just managed to get my booting USB. Now i have a further problem and it is that i bought a new Portable SSD (Samsung Portable SSD T5) to run Linux on it because i didn't want to touch the internal hardware of my laptop (Toshiba Satellite P855-S5200). So i booted Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon through the USB and i wanted to install it on the SSD. When i connected the ssd into the pc, it appears that i had to setup the ssd first, but there is only the option for Android, Apple and Windows, so what i did is boot my Windows again and did the setup there and tried again, but the problem is still there. I dont have any acces to the storage of the SSD via Linux and that is why i can't install Linux on it.
If someone could please help me would be wonderful.

Regards
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Samsung SSD T5

Post by catweazel »

marco_guenter95 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:31 pm but there is only the option for Android, Apple and Windows
When and where do you see this? There are no options for that, as far as I'm aware, in Mint.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
ehtron
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Samsung SSD T5

Post by ehtron »

Hi :)
hast du evtl. die passenden informationen auf dem bildschirm nicht wahrgenommen?
so wie du nicht erkannt hast, das dies der deutschsprachige bereich des mint forums ist?

in der mint installation ist nirgends die rede von android, mac oder win$
Lg. Ehtron :)
Keine Hilfe bei fehlender System / Desktop Angabe.
Ich gebe Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe.

Return to “Deutsch - German”