Mintin palautus edelliseen versioon?

Tukifoorumi suomenkielisille käyttäjille
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hartzai

Mintin palautus edelliseen versioon?

Post by hartzai »

1. Asensin uusimman Mint 18.1 päivityksen edellisen 17.x jälkeen. Haluaisin palata vanhempaan 17 versioon, koska uutukainen kaatuile Scribuksen kanssa. Onnistuuko se muuten kuin uusasennuksena?

2. Kun poistan jonkin ohjelman ohjelmistohallinnan kautta, esim. tuo Scribus, jääkö levyn sopukoihin jotain Scribuksen tiedostoja, jotka mahd. myöhemmin sotkisivat ohjelman uudelleenasennusta?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Mintin palautus edelliseen versioon?

Post by JerryF »

Ensimmäinen kohta, en puhu suomea. Tämä on Googlen käännös. Jos ymmärrän kysymyksesi oikein, haluatko asentaa 17 yli 18? Se voidaan tehdä menettämättä ohjelmia. Voin tehdä kuvia siitä, miten se tehdään. Scribus-ohjelman avulla kyllä, joskus ohjelman uudelleenasennus voi asentaa puuttuvan.
MintyO

Post by MintyO »

En usko, että onnistuu mitenkään "kätevästi". Varmasti paras vaihtoehto on asentaa 17 uudelleen. Jätä formatoimatta, niin asetustiedostot pitäisi olla kutakuinkin mitä sinulla oli ja jos siellä jotain tiedostojakin oli niin ovat sitten edelleen. Tosin tietysti sinulla on varmuuskopiot kaikesta tärkeästä? :wink:

Synapticissa on kohta josta voit poistaa ohjelman täysin, jolloin myös kaikki asetustiedostot pitäisi lähteä. Enkä usko että normaalitapauksessa tarvitsee tehdä muuta kuin uusi asennus, normaalin ohjelmistohallinnan poiston jälkeen.

@JerryF: OP upgraded to 18.1 and the program mentioned causes trouble, so there's the question of possibility to revert to 17? As I didn't know any easy way, I suggested doing a install without formatting. That should get things pretty much as they were? There was also a question about residual settings (left when uninstalling with software manager) possibly causing problems with a new installation of a program. I'm guessing normally it shouldn't be a problem, but you can clear such residuals with synaptic. How well does finnish translate by the way? :D
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Hei taas hartzai. Asennettaessa 17 yli 18, toivottavasti sinulla on juuri osio (/) ja kodin osio (/ home) asetettu erikseen. Jos näin ei ole, älä käytä tätä menettelyä.

Voit napsauttaa kuvia laajentaaksesi niitä nähdäksesi.
  • Ensinnäkin, varmista tärkeät tiedostosi!
  • Käynnistä USB-muistitikku tai DVD-levy, jossa on Mint 17.x
  • Jos saat ilmoituksen, että et ole verkossa (langaton), muodosta yhteys wifiisi.
  • Kuten tavallista, kaksoisnapsauta työpöydällä olevaa "Install Mint" -työkalua.
  • Se kysyy sinulta mitä haluat.
  • Jos tämä näkyy, valitse Ei (kuva)
    Screenshot from 2017-05-12 19-48-24.png
  • Sitten kysyy, haluatko asentaa kolmannen osapuolen ohjaimet. Sanon kyllä.
  • Seuraavaksi se kysyy, miten haluat asentaa. Napsauta jotain muuta ja jatka (kuva).
    Screenshot from 2017-05-12 19-52-33.png
  • Määritä, mikä osio on Mintsi 18.1 ja napsauta sitä (kuva).
    Screenshot from 2017-05-12 19-53-40.png
Napsauta Muuta ...
Last edited by JerryF on Fri May 12, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

(jatkui)
  • Täytä tämänkaltaisen muokkausosion (kuva) kokoa lukuun ottamatta. Jätä se niin kuin on. Älä muuta sitä.
    Screenshot from 2017-05-12 19-55-03.png
  • Napsauta OK ja jatka asennusta.
Sinun 18.1 korvataan 17.x-tiedostolla ja kotitiedostot ja -hakemistot jäävät koskemattomiksi.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

MintyO wrote:@JerryF: OP upgraded to 18.1 and the program mentioned causes trouble, so there's the question of possibility to revert to 17? As I didn't know any easy way, I suggested doing a install without formatting. That should get things pretty much as they were? There was also a question about residual settings (left when uninstalling with software manager) possibly causing problems with a new installation of a program. I'm guessing normally it shouldn't be a problem, but you can clear such residuals with synaptic. How well does finnish translate by the way? :D
@MintyO, actually ok. When I put his Finnish to English, I think I understood what he wanted. Here's the result of the translation:

Code: Select all

1. I installed the latest Mint 18.1 update after the previous 17.x. I would like to go back to the 17th version because the new knuckle falls with Scribus. Is it successful as a new installation?

2. When I remove some software from software management, for example, Import Scribus, do something like Scribus files left on the disk, which might be later reinstalled?
Here's my response to him in English (you can read the result of the translation in my post).

Code: Select all

Hello again hartzai.  Installing 17 over 18, hopefully you have your root partition (/) and your home partition (/home) set up separately.  If they are not, don't use this procedure.

You can click on the pictures to enlarge them to see.

First thing, backup your important files!
Boot your USB flash drive or DVD with Mint 17.x
If you get a notice saying that you are not online (wireless), connect to your wifi.
As usual, double-click on "Install Mint" on the desktop.
It will ask you what language you want.
If this shows, click No (pic)

Then it asks if you want to install third-part drivers.  I would say yes.
Next, it will ask you how you want to install.  Click Something else and Continue (pic).

Find which partition is your Mint 18.1 and click on it (pic).

Click on Change...
(continued on next post)

(continued)
Fill the Edit partition like this (pic) except for the size.  Leave it as is.  Don't change it.

Click Ok and then continue with the installation.

Your 18.1 will be replaced with 17.x and your Home files and directories will remain untouched.
How did it translate from English to Finnish? I'm always interested in the accuracy. I think the translations are more accurate if you know your own language well. If there's too much slang, etc. the translation won't be as good as it should be.
MintyO

Post by MintyO »

JerryF wrote:......

How did it translate from English to Finnish? I'm always interested in the accuracy. I think the translations are more accurate if you know your own language well. If there's too much slang, etc. the translation won't be as good as it should be.
The first post by OP and your response had that "lost in the translation" part: OP wanted to know if there's an ease way without the re-install. The parts you understood right from the somewhat weirdly translated fin->eng, and particularly your reply after my post, were surprisingly good. So the other way (eng->fin) seems to work reasonably well. From my experience (admittedly limited) finnish is not the most reliable language to be left in the hands of "the machines". The occasions I need some french or deutch translated, I translate it into english as it seems much easier to decipher afterwards.

Back to the topic at hand: Your answer seems to imply, that doing a non formatting install with 17 over 18 wouldn't work if it's a /(root) only setup. Why? I've done it with the newer over the older one, and my understanding is that the relevant files are replaced. Anyways, nice to see you branching out to other languages! 8)
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Well, hopefully hartzai will have the procedure that I gave him if he/she needs it in the future.

When the Finnish -> English translation gave me "...Is it successful as a new installation?" I took it as a reinstall. Bummer!

I think that there's not enough people giving alternate translations as feedback which greatly helps Google translate, especially in Finnish, Russian, etc.
MintyO wrote:Back to the topic at hand: Your answer seems to imply, that doing a non formatting install with 17 over 18 wouldn't work if it's a /(root) only setup. Why? I've done it with the newer over the older one, and my understanding is that the relevant files are replaced. Anyways, nice to see you branching out to other languages! 8)
It was my assumption from other postings that if you install Mint as one partition (/), when you reinstall, the Home directory gets written over with the reinstall.

I enjoy reading other posts in different languages. As a child, I grew up in a household that only spoke English, but my maternal side of the family spoke a lot of Portuguese and my grandmother only spoke it. My cousins used to translate for me when we stayed with her after school and summer vacation, so I really never spoke it. I ended up learning some when I was an adult. I'm not fluent, but can read and speak some of it. I think that's why all languages interest me.

Return to “Suomi - Finnish”