Where I can send feedback about Mint 19 Tara beta?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AndrzejB
Level 1
Level 1

Where I can send feedback about Mint 19 Tara beta?

Post by AndrzejB »

Mint 19 Tara is Beta.
I found one error: In Mint 18.3 is btrfs-convert but in Mint 19 not, although is installed btrfs-tools and btrfs-progs!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Where I can send feedback about Mint 19 Tara beta?

Post by catweazel »

AndrzejB wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:43 pm Mint 19 Tara is Beta.
I found one error: In Mint 18.3 is btrfs-convert but in Mint 19 not, although is installed btrfs-tools and btrfs-progs!
Post your comments or questions to the Mint blog.

Linux Mint 19 "Tara" Cinnamon – BETA Release
Linux Mint 19 "Tara" MATE – BETA Release
Linux Mint 19 "Tara" Xfce – BETA Release
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

+1
the cw is right--always say which desktop you are using (such as Cinnamon, Xfce, MATE)
You will always get better help by doing this.
Better yet is open a terminal and enter the system inquiry code:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
Copy the entire results.
This will not reveal personal information--but only an overview of your system hardware and software.
Then in your thread click the 'code' icon above the reply window (</>)(fifth from the left--you will see it)
Paste the entire terminal results within those code brackets--you will see how this works as you do it.
It's a good idea to post this info with every question or request for support--advanced users will do this
automatically because they know it is important information.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

AndrzejB wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:43 pm Mint 19 Tara is Beta.
Working as intended though. btrfs-convert was dropped upstream a year ago (even its devs warned against using it). As part of that, btrfs-tools was replaced by btrfs-progs.

Return to “Beginner Questions”