MiniKDE and default KDE (Daryna) differences?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
ibun2
Level 1
Level 1

MiniKDE and default KDE (Daryna) differences?

Post by ibun2 »

I can't find a list of software included in any versions of Linux Mint, so I was just wondering between the two distros in the title, what are the differences? I.e, what does the 400mb of additional stuff consist of? I read the user guide and lurked for about an hour or two with no success, so your help is appreciated.

proxima_centauri
Level 11
Level 11

Re: MiniKDE and default KDE (Daryna) differences?

Post by proxima_centauri »

In the main release notes http://linuxmint.com/rel_daryna_kde.php
"The following applications were removed to fit KDE CE onto a CD: Inkscape, Hugin, Scribus, KMymoney2, K9copy, The Gimp, libicu34, kde-icons-mono, ttf-arabeyes, OpenOffice.org, diveintopython, kde-icons-nuvox, kaffeine, knotes, kdepim*. Some documentation and some wallpapers were also deleted."

ibun2
Level 1
Level 1

Re: MiniKDE and default KDE (Daryna) differences?

Post by ibun2 »

Proxima, thank you. I must be out of it, because I read that thing twice and missed it on both accounts. I appreciate your help :) If anyone has any other input, I'll be checking back on this thread, but I think I am ready to try to linux for the first time in a while...

Return to “Newbie Questions”