Acer Aspire 5750G GFX drivers not working! Help me!

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Ottaxik
Level 1
Level 1

Acer Aspire 5750G GFX drivers not working! Help me!

Post by Ottaxik » Tue May 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Hello.

I'm getting tired of Windows always crashing, but hte problem with Linux for me is that I can never find out how to install stuff and it drives me nuts. I currently use the Aspire 5750G laptop for my main computer and I have recently installed Linux Mint on it. So far I am really enjoying it. I have everything up to do and all is well. The only problem is that I can't seem to find out how to install my graphics card so that I can play online games. I need the Intel HD 3000 driver I believe, which I found here; http://intellinuxgraphics.org/2012.02.html , I don't know what one I'm supposed to download though... I also need the Nvidia driver aswell. Also, I couldn't install them with the additional drivers feature found in my system settings. It was there originally, then I tried to install it, and it felt very unresposnive, so I waited, and it closed, and now the list is empty.

I'd be greatful for any help that isn't "rtfm" or "use the search button," thanks.

-Ottaxik

hellfire695
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Acer Aspire 5750G GFX drivers not working! Help me!

Post by hellfire695 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:16 pm

WELL THEN RTFM
joking

I think what your looking for is the nvidia glx driver,

try apt-get install nvidia-glx, let me know if that helps
as for the intel i believe thats in the mainline kernel
however try
apt-cache search intell and see what comes up

remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Acer Aspire 5750G GFX drivers not working! Help me!

Post by remoulder » Wed May 16, 2012 6:41 pm

Please search the forums for hybrid graphics. Also see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HybridGraphics
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Newbie Questions”