Can't view desktop [SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jonnycat

Can't view desktop [SOLVED]

Post by jonnycat »

Using LinuxMint12 with KDE4. In my ~/Desktop folder I have a couple of .desktop icons (Firefox and Thunderbird), but they are not visible normally.

The only time they are visible is when the computer is shutting down or I am logging out, when they are briefly visible.

Any idea why "that" desktop, the one with the icons isn't visible? (I tried switching desktops with META+TAB but it didn't show it)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bu99zy

Re: Can't view desktop

Post by bu99zy »

KDE works a little different, you need to be in folder view to see those links

Right click on the desktop select >> Desktop Settings >> If widget are locked click the Unlock Widgets Button >> In the layout dialog select Folder View >> Click Apply
jonnycat

Post by jonnycat »

Awesome, thanks buggzy, I've been wondering about that for awhile now. Cheers!
bu99zy

Post by bu99zy »

You're most welcome.

Remember to mark the thread [Solved] if the problem is fixed. :D
jonnycat

Re: Can't view desktop [SOLVED]

Post by jonnycat »

Ach! Thanks, it slipped my mind.

Return to “Beginner Questions”