Back-Click?? Script for Nautilus

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
CtrlAltDel
Level 5
Level 5

Back-Click?? Script for Nautilus

Post by CtrlAltDel »

Does anyone know of a script for Nautilus that will enable it to go back a level or layer or whatever when you double click a white area? I know, that doesn't make much sense. Some file managers, if you double click a blank area, will go backwards to the folder you were in previously.

Anyone know of a way to make Nautilus do that? I hate having to go all the way to the top of Nautilus and click on the back button icon to go backwards.
Intel i7-4790 Processor
Nvidia GeForce GT 720
8 GB Memory - 2x1 TB HD's
Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

jonnycat
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Back-Click?? Script for Nautilus

Post by jonnycat »

This isn't exactly what you are looking for, but you can hit [Backspace] to move one level back in the hierarchy in Nautilus.

Additionally, you can use [Alt + Left] and [Alt+Right] to move through the folders you have recently visited.

CtrlAltDel
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Back-Click?? Script for Nautilus

Post by CtrlAltDel »

jonnycat wrote:This isn't exactly what you are looking for, but you can hit [Backspace] to move one level back in the hierarchy in Nautilus.

Additionally, you can use [Alt + Left] and [Alt+Right] to move through the folders you have recently visited.
Thanks, jonnycat. As you say, that isn't exactly what I was looking for but it is good to know. I'm not a big keyboard guy though. I could use my mouse to go all the back to the top of Nautilus and hit the back button easier than I could use keyboard commands.
Intel i7-4790 Processor
Nvidia GeForce GT 720
8 GB Memory - 2x1 TB HD's
Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

Return to “Newbie Questions”