HOWTO configure MDM login window?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
dexl
Level 3
Level 3

HOWTO configure MDM login window?

Post by dexl »

Please help me configure the login window of MDM manager. I cannot find any usable information online about it. I have already chosen "plain style with face browser" and changed the background photo. What I don't know is:
- how do I change the icon for individual users, I don't like the ugly generic one.
- how do I enable automatic login of one of the users so that it WORKS. I have enabled it under security tab and chose the user, but it doesn't work! :(

I'd like to get some proof why MDM is the best login manager. Where are the things mentioned in this quote: "graphical configuration tools, themeability, remote, automatic and timed login, event scripting, language selection and it comes with more features than any other Display Manager currently available"??? for I am not able to change very basic things in it...

Thanks!
Linux Mint 20 MATE
dexl
Level 3
Level 3

Re: HOWTO configure MDM login window?

Post by dexl »

Is there any tutorial online that I could follow? I have also tried searching this forum, but haven't found anything.
Linux Mint 20 MATE