(SOLVED)setting up raid0 on linux mint 13

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
mintybits
Level 6
Level 6

Re: setting up raid0 on linux mint 13

Post by mintybits » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:49 am

BTW global settings for your OS are always (almost always?) in /etc. Such as /etc/fstab and /etc/mdadm.

You might ask why this directory is named "etc" rather than something more descriptive like "settings" or "config". :wink:

Schoza
Level 1
Level 1

Re: setting up raid0 on linux mint 13

Post by Schoza » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:41 am

THANKS MINTY
GOOD JOB

Ctulhu
Level 2
Level 2

Re: (SOLVED)setting up raid0 on linux mint 13

Post by Ctulhu » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Ok, I am just gonna nag a bit. I am so impressed with all the knowledge and the time people here invest to help newbies like me but I really wish that this time was actually invested by the Mint developers so that one can install their system on a machine that has increasingly more common RAID arrays without all this hassle. I am a fanboy of Linux (Mint and Kubuntu) just as anyone else and convert ppl to those OSs all the time, but it's shit like this that makes ppl wonder about why they should go through the hassle ...

karlchen
Level 20
Level 20

Re: (SOLVED)setting up raid0 on linux mint 13

Post by karlchen » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:42 am

<moderator on>

It does not make sense to revive a thread which
+ has been marked as solved
+ has not had any update for the past 4.5 years
+ is about Mint 13
and attach your own problem report and help request to it which is about Mint 18.1.
Therefore mcc85's post has been split off this solved thread and turned into a new thread:
Setting up raid0 on linux mint 18.1

Closing this thread to prevent any further revival.

</moderator off>
Linux Mint 19.2 32-bit xfce Desktop, Total Commander 9.22a 32-bit
Haß gleicht einer Krankheit, dem Miserere, wo man vorne herausgibt, was eigentlich hinten wegsollte. (Goethe)

Return to “Newbie Questions”