{SOLVED} Epson NX430 won't print

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Redjar

{SOLVED} Epson NX430 won't print

Post by Redjar »

Hi everyone,
I have an Epson NX430 that will not print. All it does is feed the entire rack of paper through the printer. I had it working with mint 12 but foolishly didn't bookmark the page I found that fixed it. Now that I've done a fresh install of mint 13 cinnamon I've got the same problem again and I can't find the solution anymore.
I've installed the printer by using the regular mint menus and i've tried installing it using the CUPS webui on localhost.
I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting this. Anyone else here have this problem before? Ideas?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Epson NX430 won't print

Post by kyphi »

You will have to install a printer driver as well as the scanner driver. When you have done that, the Epson NX430 will do all the things it is supposed to do. Get your printer and scanner drivers from here:

http://www.avasys.jp/lx-bin2/linux_e/spc/DL2.do
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
Redjar

Re: Epson NX430 won't print

Post by Redjar »

Thanks! The printer is working now. I'm not sure how to find the scanner driver though. I'm stuck at this page:

http://www.avasys.jp/lx-bin2/linux_e/scan/DL1.do

Not sure what model I'm supposed to pick.
But the main thing i needed was the printing capability so thank you.

Oddly enough, the list of printer drivers included an amd64.deb download and even though I have an AMD athlon 64 x2 4400+ chipset the package manager said it was the wrong one. The i386.deb works fine though.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: {SOLVED} Epson NX430 won't print

Post by kyphi »

The scanner driver is on the same page as the printer driver' It comes in two parts called iscan and iscan-data. A further download can be made if you also want the Wi-Fi function ... all these are on the same page. You seem to be looking at the "Scanner" page - these are for stand-alone scanners. Look at the "Multifunction Devices" page, there is a small, almost invisible link to imagescan.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon

Return to “Beginner Questions”