Laggy feel and video problems

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Jozi
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Laggy feel and video problems

Post by Jozi »

Still no joy :(

Both Gnash and Silverlight were installed, now removed. Should I be marking things for "removal" or "complete removal"? I guess the later will also remove it from synaptics?

I just have "flashplugin-installer" installed and on youtube and jay leno's site I get missing plug-in messages in the video frame. Am I missing something for chromium to work? (I can't get chrome to work)
oobetimer

Post by oobetimer »

Jozi wrote:Still no joy :(

Both Gnash and Silverlight were installed, now removed. Should I be marking things for "removal" or "complete removal"? I guess the later will also remove it from synaptics?

I just have "flashplugin-installer" installed and on youtube and jay leno's site I get missing plug-in messages in the video frame. Am I missing something for chromium to work? (I can't get chrome to work)
Is your browser Chrome or Chromium? I just tested with Chromium, and it worked fine.

BTW. Leno´s video´s are working on the full-screen-mode best .. :wink:
Jozi
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Jozi »

Hehe, he's some man if your into cars :p

Chromium, installed via synaptics. Google Chrome won't work for me, it installed but then nothing happens when I open it.

(Trouble has started) Mam just went to view something on the Ikea site, chromium says "shockwave crashed" I don't recall installing shockwave - they not change to flash - could this be an old program messing with me?
teseglet
Level 1
Level 1

Post by teseglet »

Linuxmint Maya has been locking up on me... been using Chromium. Certain sites, like dpreview.com were very slow. I went back to using Firefox and my system seems to be working significantly better and no lockups. :D

I assume there is some relationship. Nonetheless, I will stick with Firefox for now.

...as I was typing this I experienced a temporary keyboard lag, which was another symptom I had been experiencing, so maybe all issues are not resolved. I wonder if my connection to Dropbox may also strain my system resources?

UPDATE: Even with Firefox, my system continues to lock up (except fore the cursor...very stange). Unfortunately made the move back to Ubuntu to see if issues persist away from Cinnamon.

Return to “Newbie Questions”