Mounted drive appears as "Picture CD"

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
rado84
Level 3
Level 3

Mounted drive appears as "Picture CD"

Post by rado84 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:45 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this question and finally I thought this could be the proper section.

First I have to say that I used to have this problem in Ubuntu 10.10 and at that time my HDD was ATA. Later, when I bought a SATAII disk that problem under Ubuntu disappeared. However, now I have that problem again - on SATAIII disk and neither now and then I had any idea how to fix it. The problem is that the partition is mounted but it's not even read only - there's an inscription at the top right corner which reads "This is a Picture CD" and I can't run files from it nor I can write on that partition. All I can do is "copy-paste" operations from the "Picture CD" to my home dir. What I want is to be able to read and write directly - without the need to copy things from it.
There's another strange thing: that disk contains only 2 partitions - both with NT file system. There's Windows 7 on the first partition and a "Programs-movies-games" partition is the second one. The strange thing I mentioned is that the Windows partition is ok and I can both read and write on it. However, I can't do the same on the same partition - the one that read "Picture CD".

(this is a clickable thumbnail)

austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Mounted drive appears as "Picture CD"

Post by austin.texas » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:03 pm

This link may help you, if it is a matter of ownership and permissions.
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... wn#p618700
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018

rado84
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Mounted drive appears as "Picture CD"

Post by rado84 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:23 am

It didn't work. I still have no rights. I also gave myself root rights but the system continues to say that I'm not the owner and I can't change anything and "Picture CD" remains such.

Return to “Newbie Questions”