Epson Aculaser C1700 drivers for Linux

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jackie78

Epson Aculaser C1700 drivers for Linux

Post by Jackie78 »

Hi,

I have searched a whole while for Linux drivers for my new color laser printer Epson Aculaser C1700. For your information, I finally found a solution, the following files for the Xerox Phaser 6000B work fine for me:

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/ph ... ived=false

I hope this will help people using Linux Mint who own the same printer and have trouble finding suitable drivers.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shuwang

Re: Epson Aculaser C1700 drivers for Linux

Post by shuwang »

Very thanks for your sharing ,I jsut got my Epson Aculaser C1700,and have the same problem ,and your post really help me a lot.
Last edited by shuwang on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
druido2

Post by druido2 »

Please pay attention: the driver is for arch i386. If you have amd64 platform you need to install some more i386 libraries with the following command:

Code: Select all

user@mypc:/home/user$ sudo apt-get install libcupsimage2:i386  libstdc++6:i386
With other distribution, look at /var/log/cups/error_log and search if there are more missing libraries...
then install them with the :i386 postfix.

After the installation allt will work fine!
Best regards, Davide
coilwinder
Level 1
Level 1

Post by coilwinder »

Awesome, thanks for this thread!

As I have AMD, I also had to do what druido2 said. Had some small hickup though, I had to change the "Device URI" to the Aculaser, or it wouldn't print anything (Seems the printer driver got the name of the printer connected via USB, but didn't have a driver for it). Or at least I think that did it. A bit unsure about that as of yet. Anyway, it appears to work great now.

(Yes, years later, but apparently still relevant).

Return to “Beginner Questions”