Disk partition after installing Linux Mint

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
linoobs
Level 1
Level 1

Disk partition after installing Linux Mint

Postby linoobs » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:16 am

Hello all!

I'm a new on Linux! Just a noob from Windows :D Yesterday I installed Linux Mint, and I like it very much. Unfortunately I haven't understood partition section while was installing my Linux, so I just decided to skip that step and make only 1 disk. It's ~500Gb disk I have now. I have read that the smaller partitions are the faster computer works. So now I'm wondering if it's possible to partition my disk AFTER Linux is installed? Maybe some kind of partition manager could help me (GNU Parted, Palimpsest Disk Utility, KDE Partition Manager, GParted - just what I found searching)? Waiting for your advices and feeling happy being a part of Linux-family! :mrgreen:

Sry for my english.

marsh20
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Disk partition after installing Linux Mint

Postby marsh20 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:54 am

Linoobs,

Yes, it should be quite easy.

Boot from your Live disc/usb and go to Gparted where you should be able to adjust you partions as required.
Think about the "undo" before you "do".

Return to “Newbie Questions”