Where is (are) the clipboard manager(s) I installed

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sillyboy

Where is (are) the clipboard manager(s) I installed

Post by sillyboy »

Hi all! New to LinuxMint 13 Mate. I installed Glipper and Klipper, from thwe Software Manager, each one at a different times. Neither one could be found. The only thing I found were icons. Both said they were installed in the Software Manager. I deleted them and reinstalled them, and searched again...nothing.

Is this a common problem? Need some help here. Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sillyboy

Re: Where is (are) the clipboard manager(s) I installed

Post by sillyboy »

The clipboard showed up a few hours ago in the bottom panel. The problem now is that I can't use it. Nothing happens if I right or left click it. Looks nice, 8) but is useless. :|
Can this be fixed??

Thanks
Chet

Post by Chet »

Hi silly,

I just experienced the same thing, except I installed only Glipper.

At first I could not find it (it didn't even show up in the Software Manager after installation).

Then, several reboots later, it just appeared in the notification area of the panel!

I am not new to Linux or to Mint. This issue appeared on a brand new install. This is one the apps I use every day at work and is one of my must have - install first applications.

I never had this happened before.

Just as you stated. I can now see the Icon for it in the panel, but I can not access. Left or right clicking on it does nothing.

... waiting to see if someone has a solution.
Chet

Post by Chet »

Ok problem solved. But I still don't know what happened.

I noticed I had I high memory usage and everything was running slow.

System monitor indicated that it was the caja process (108% of one of my quad core cpu's).

I was also having issues transferring some files via an external hard drive. The file manager windows went blank.

I had to force quit the processes in question.

Rebooted again (6th or 7th since the Glipper install), and the Glipper Icon is now active and working fine.

I don't know if the caja/file transfer issue (java) was related or not.
sillyboy

Post by sillyboy »

Hello Chet

I removed Glipper (or Klipper) and installed Parcellite. It worked the first time I used it, but the icon for Parcellite keeps disapearing from the panel at the bottom of the page.

I'm going to drag the icon down again, and wait to see if 2 more icons show up, as happened the other day.

Thanks...Have a great day.
geoffm

Post by geoffm »

So did you find a suitable clipboard manager yet?
Chet

Post by Chet »

Glipper has been working great since my last post. No problems at all. I find it to be an indispensable tool.

I'm now using it on my Mint 14, Mint 15 (laptop), PC-BCD 9, and Slackware boxes and it works just great!

Return to “Beginner Questions”