Taskbar and all Menus disappeared

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Smikail

Taskbar and all Menus disappeared

Post by Smikail »

I have Mint 13 maya Mate 64bit,

After my last software update, I rebooted the computer and now i have no taskbar at the bottom or any menu's.
Right click shows the menu to change the destop background but nothing regarding the taskbar. I have been searching the internet and
I could not find any post to fix this issue. I do not have any special applet's or custom desktop installed (all stock software)

The only thing showing up on my destop is the Icons for the application that i have added previously

Thanks

Smikail
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Smikail

Re: Taskbar and all Menus disappeared

Post by Smikail »

I found out the reason.

My computer monitor has two input Analog & Digital. By mistake I connected both of them to the same computer.
For some reason, the analog input shows the Taskbar without the application icons on the desktop
the digital showed only the Icons with no taskbar.

I disconnected the analog input and rebooted the Mint, and every thing is showing correctly

Smikail

Return to “Beginner Questions”