how to get the programs after the linuxmint os has expired

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LISABLUEANGEL

will you still be able to run isadora 9 after april 2013?

Post by LISABLUEANGEL »

im just curious do i really need to upgrade my isadora 9 after it reaches "end of life" in april of 2013..... i hate to give up this lts! will repositories remain open on this one or what?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: will you still be able to run isadora 9 after april 2013

Post by remoulder »

LISABLUEANGEL wrote:do i really need to upgrade my isadora 9
No you can carry on using it as long as you like however there will be no more system and security updates and the repositories will be closed at some point.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
LISABLUEANGEL

how to get the programs after the linuxmint os has expired

Post by LISABLUEANGEL »

okay lets say that isadora 9 has reached "end of life" how do i get the programs or the updates after the repositories are closed i thought you could always get all the updates the os ever had for that . i tried that with lts number 5....... but i could not get the updates that one ever had.... or is there a life line limit? or am i doing something wrong? i dont know how toget the updates and programs after the repositories are closed or is just like that.... i cannot get updates or programs for elyssa 5 lts......... its the one thats based on hardy heron ubuntu. so say i wanted to put elyssa 5 on my pc 2day how am i supposed to get the old updates for it or the programs?
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: how to get the programs after the linuxmint os has expir

Post by remoulder »

As I said, the repositories will be closed, there will be no more updates and it will be classed as obsolete, but you can continue to use it as it is. If you are not happy with that then you need to upgrade.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
cwsnyder

Post by cwsnyder »

8.04 Hardy Heron (see http://releases.ubuntu.com/ ) server edition only still has some life left in it until April 2013, I believe. But if you are looking for desktop related files, forget it. Elyssa was dropped from updates for desktop version in October 2009.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

[topics merged, same subject, same OP]

Return to “Beginner Questions”