Mint 14: Change desktop icon text size

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
runbei

Mint 14: Change desktop icon text size

Post by runbei »

Installed Mint 14 RC and like it. But can't locate where to change desktop icon labels to a smaller font.

I believe I formerly did this by right-clicking the desktop and proceeding from there. Also saw instructions to do this: Menu > Preferences > Appearance > Fonts.

But neither approach is available in Mint 14 RC. Suggestions?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Paul_Vandenberg
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Mint 14: Change desktop icon text size

Post by Paul_Vandenberg »

I install dconf-tools and in dconf-editor clicked on the field under 'org - nemo -desktop - font'. You can specify a font here, but if you leave it empty with the field title (font) in bold, it seems to pick up the default font set in Cinnamon preferences. Don't ask me how, it just seems to work for me. :?

Paul
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Discussion of Mint 14 RC issues as requested at http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2205
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
zollder

Post by zollder »

worked for me too, thank you!

Return to “Beginner Questions”