Lost downloads

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
mrmullad
Level 1
Level 1

Lost downloads

Post by mrmullad » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:40 am

Hi new to mint most of it looks fairly easy but i cannot find my downloads what is the point of having a download file if the downloads don't go in to it two filws i downloaded i cannot find anywere can anyone please help .
Many thanks in advance Dell :cry:

remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Lost downloads

Post by remoulder » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:19 am

Sorry but you'll need to provide more information as the crystal ball isn't working today. What mint version and desktop, is it installed or running from a live image, how are you downloading and if in the browser did you specify the location?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

BigSteve_G
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Lost downloads

Post by BigSteve_G » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:10 pm

Just a stab in the dark here due to lack of info'

In Firefox click on {Edit} & then {Prefrerances} - under the 1st tab (General) about halfway down is the location Firefox downloads are saved to.
I've fixed Windows, tried running with Jackalopes, fought Koalas & now, I'm addicted to Mints

Now with half a decade running Linux mint, still enjoying it & still learning!

http://www.facebook.com/itsbigsteve

Return to “Newbie Questions”