Win7/64bit + Vmware + Mint14Mate/64bit = CPU disabled?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
spudit

Win7/64bit + Vmware + Mint14Mate/64bit = CPU disabled?

Post by spudit »

apparently im spudit, m$ user learning linux, well, great work, linux developers. really!! now, i apologise for asking questions you'll find trivial to answer, but - i took most popular (according to distrowatch.com) distributions, everything looks fine as long as im using 32 bit distros with vmware player. i also installed ubuntu and xubuntu on, well, antique hardware and it's great and it's legal and very useful for browsing and office use.

well now, when i used Linux mint 14 mate 64 bit with vmware player 5.0.1 on win 7u 64 bit, the vmware player hung with message similar to "cpu disabled by the guest operating system". of course i have no idea whatsoever what or why should this happen and did some shallow investigating and ended here. i hope you'll give me an answer or point me to the proper site with as little complications as possible.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Win7/64bit + Vmware + Mint14Mate/64bit = CPU disabled?

Post by remoulder »

Please read hardware requirements http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2216
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Gord

Re: Win7/64bit + Vmware + Mint14Mate/64bit = CPU disabled?

Post by Gord »

This may also help:

Error when booting or shutting down virtual machines: CPU has been disabled

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/101

Return to “Beginner Questions”