Battery uptime and Upgrade to 14.1

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Farshid

Battery uptime and Upgrade to 14.1

Post by Farshid »

Hi all,
I installed Mint 14 about 3 days before on my HP-DV3, my laptop has two graphic cards, an ATI Radeon and a intel one, previously when I was windows 7 each time I was on AC power the ATI one was in use, as soon as I unplug the cord graphic card been automatically switched to Intel one and therefore there was a huge benefit on power saving and battery lasts about 45 minute more than now. How can I achieve this in Mint?
Other question I read an update to 14.1 have been relased, I checked the updater and it says my OS is up tp date but it still shows me in system monitor that it is not

Thanks for helping me out
P.S: Is there something like safe remove in wondows for removing my USB hard drives? or I just can unplug the external hards?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Rehdon
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Battery uptime and Upgrade to 14.1

Post by Rehdon »

I can't answer your first two questions, but I'd like to know what happened to USB "safe remove" in LM 14: it definitely was there in previous versions, and now it's gone! I don't think that choosing "expel" is the right way to deal with USB drives, especially if you've just written something on them ...

Rehdon

Return to “Beginner Questions”