Template icons?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Steamix

Template icons?

Post by Steamix »

I know I'm necro-ing this post but its the closest to my problem. I was wondering how is it possible to add those tiny icons on the left of the name of the files in the list? When I right-click I see an icon for the 'cut' command, one for the 'create new document' command. I would like to do the same for my templates that I added in the 'create new document' rubric.

Much appreciated
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Template icons?

Post by xenopeek »

Split from http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=24507 and moved here. Please don't post support questions in the Suggestions & New ideas forum (as also shown on top in the forum rules there). And yes, no necrobumping of topics older than 6 months 8)

Whether or not an icon is shown for templates in the context menu of your file manager depends on your file manager. Whichever file manager you are currently using isn't showing these icons, so you could try a different file manager if this is important to you. No idea which file manager does shown icons on templates in the context menu to create a new document, but perhaps somebody else will know that.
Steamix

Post by Steamix »

My DE is Cinnamon on Nadia 64-bit, I would assume that I'm running Nemo. Judging on screens from the thread on which I posted, they're configurable in Dolphin. I don't think it should be a problem in Nemo. If 'cut', 'copy', 'paste' commands have icons, why won't templates be able too?
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Well, I don't know if this is configurable in Nemo. But, it's open source so you can contribute and make it work like that: https://github.com/linuxmint/nemo. it could be nice to show the icons, and Nemo already knows how to show icons. If you don't know how to code this, you could submit a feature request on GitHub.
Steamix

Post by Steamix »

cool. Thanks Vincent. I'll look into this.

Return to “Beginner Questions”