Wine: IE7 Made my system work slowly

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Moses Jesus

Wine: IE7 Made my system work slowly

Post by Moses Jesus »

Hello everyone, i was trying to install NFS World(Game) using wine and this command "winetricks dotnet20 ie7 glsl-enable" from this page http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=20659

It started installing some Microsoft programs and it got to IE7, after installing IE7 it asked me to restart which i did, but when the system came back up my whole desktop was clean like everything was deleted, nothing worked so i restarted again, after the system came back up i found everything in place but the whole system started lagging and acting really really slow and buggy, i tried uninstalling the Microsoft programs and even wine but nothing helped.

Did anyone else encounter this problem and has a suggestion on how to deal with it so i can get my system running fast again?

Thank you.
Moses Jesus.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
thejakester

Re: Wine: IE7 Made my system work slowly

Post by thejakester »

Which version of Mint are you using? I installed Wine and worked with a few programs and noticed my computer slowing down too. I upgraded to 14 cinnamon, installed Wine and have been using it without problems.
Moses Jesus

Re: Wine: IE7 Made my system work slowly

Post by Moses Jesus »

Im using Mint 14 Nadia

Return to “Beginner Questions”