Apache server

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Apache server

Post by Husse »

I don't want to be rude but if you intend to use an Apache server you need to learn a bit more about Linux, and of course Apache
You should know that you need to be root (sudo) to do what you tried to do and if you try to configure Apache "or something of the sort" is not the right approach
You need to be precise in all configuring
Google for Apache tutorials "or something of the sort" :) (here you can, and perhaps must, be less precise)
Good luck
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

And of course I and others will help you with "every day" errors - I just don't have the time to write an Apache tutorial for you....
Fred

Post by Fred »

Oohlalatte,
YOU MUST BE ROOT AT THE TIME YOU EDIT IT!
Fred

Return to “Beginner Questions”