where is my "advanced settings"?!! Linux Mint 14

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anoopc

where is my "advanced settings"?!! Linux Mint 14

Post by anoopc »

where is my "advanced settings"?
I'm trying to install gnome themes and tried and followed every step until they ask me open gnome tweak tool..
Strangely, I cannot find 'Advanced Settings" in Menu..there is no such thing.
I installed linux mint 14 mate version..
Somebody help me out pls...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Re: where is my "advanced settings"?!! Linux Mint 14

Post by AlbertP »

"Advanced Settings" is probably gnome-tweak-tool, which was preinstalled in for example Mint 12. I don't know if it works with Mate, but you can install gnome-tweak-tool anyway from the Software Manager.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: where is my "advanced settings"?!! Linux Mint 14

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

to install themes on Mate download the theme you want then go to menu>Preferences>Appearance>then click on the install button.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com

Return to “Beginner Questions”