Help!

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zakoschris

Help!

Post by zakoschris »

I just installed mint on my laptop, After installation I went and tryed to go into my hard drive but I got an error, Cannot mount location, I cannot see any of the files because of this. I am new to linux and I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem.... Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Help!

Post by caf4926 »

Does Mint actually boot?
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
zakoschris

Post by zakoschris »

caf4926 wrote:Does Mint actually boot?
yes its installed
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

Tell us what version of Mint
I mean is it 13 or 14 and is it Mate, KDE or XFCE or Cinnamon?

Did you run all the updates?

Please don't panic. There is usually never a problem accessing your files on other partitions.
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
zakoschris

Post by zakoschris »

I dont know how to run the updates... I think i have cinnamon
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

zakoschris wrote:I dont know how to run the updates... I think i have cinnamon
If you have an active wired connection, there is a shield like updater icon in the tray
Click it
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
dobbelyou

Post by dobbelyou »

zakoschris wrote:I just installed mint on my laptop, After installation I went and tryed to go into my hard drive but I got an error, Cannot mount location, I cannot see any of the files because of this. I am new to linux and I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem.... Thanks in advance.
install mint again on your laptop, and choose default settings
come back when this is done
ChinaJ

Post by ChinaJ »

Shouldn't need to do a reinstall... yet.

Do what caf4926 said: look for the little shield emblem on the bottom right, click it, enter your password, wait for it to check for updates, then apply any and all that it finds. If this is the first time it updates, you'll probably have to do it twice; the first time it will probably only update one, maybe two things, then when it checks for new updates (automatically), it will find some more.

Return to “Beginner Questions”