Getting Started

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hagerstein34

Getting Started

Post by hagerstein34 »

O.K. I am new to Linux and have no way to go to a new O.S. so I need to learn things about Linux fast. Anyone have a link to a website or have info? I need to know things like how use the command prompt and basic things that Linux users should know. :shock:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Getting Started

Post by xenopeek »

Perhaps share a little more what kind of information you are looking for. What do you need to know, and is not covered in the documentation available on the Linux Mint website?
flyboy1565

Post by flyboy1565 »

That's a little vague. What are you trying to learn. I recommend that you try googling specific things. I'm only a month and a half down the Linux road... The best thing you can do is read read read and then ask targeted questions

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
srq2625

Post by srq2625 »

If Pierre's suggestion doesn't fill the bill, there's a whold chinese menu of items at the Linux Documentation Project (http://tldp.org/)
BrowserXL

Post by BrowserXL »

If you need one in german (deducting that from your name that there is a chance for that) you could try this one: http://www.selflinux.org/
Its very very basic, but give a good first look and idea where to continue.

Return to “Beginner Questions”