Checking MD5

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
jbander
Level 3
Level 3

Checking MD5

Post by jbander » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

MD5 on flash drive

Didn't check the MD5 on the flash drive that I put mint on with and I'm having problems with my Mint14 (it crashes) I still have he thumb drive that the Mint ISO is on, can I check the MD5 of a thumb drive. I have GTKHASH to check with is anyone familiar with this little program. also can I just check the MD5 on the Mint on my computer, if so how.

turboscrew
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Checking MD5

Post by turboscrew » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:10 am

You don't check the drive, you check the image (or other files).

http://linuxpoison.blogspot.tw/2008/04/ ... cksum.html

jbander
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Checking MD5

Post by jbander » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:37 am

I got it , my old image didn't match the md5 for mint 14 ,so I have downloaded the iso again and moved it to the flash drive, the new image I downloaded to the flash drive does now match the md5. I think my question was can you check the md5 on a flash drive and once it is opened onto your computer , it seems you can no longer use the md5 on the mint, is that correct. Anyway thank you much for the response.

Return to “Newbie Questions”