Saving theme for Linux Mint 15 Installation

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
alligoodw
Level 2
Level 2

Saving theme for Linux Mint 15 Installation

Post by alligoodw »

I have really worked hard on getting my theme in Linux Mint 14 as I want it to be. In noting that, I would like to save this theme (icons, cursor, windows theme and etc) and re-install it when I install Linux Mint 15. How is this done? What files or folders do I need to backup for a smooth transition?
abnvolk
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Saving theme for Linux Mint 15 Installation

Post by abnvolk »

Your themes are saved in .themes or /usr/themes folder. You should backup those :)
Or if you have a separate /home partition, you can keep your old home, and won't need to reinstall themes. :)
alligoodw
Level 2
Level 2

Post by alligoodw »

So let me get this straight.

I'm I to understand that by simply copying these folders into my new installation that when I reboot, my theme, as I had it installed in Linux Mint 14, will automatically reappear in Linux Mint 15 - identically the same?

How does the new installation know my old defaults? How will Linux Mint 15 know which theme I've previously selected in Linux Mint 14?
abnvolk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by abnvolk »

No, Mint 15 won't know which themes you selected in Mint 14, so I think you'll have to choose the themes again...

Return to “Newbie Questions”