Suspend / Hibernate

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Appoloin
Level 3
Level 3

Suspend / Hibernate

Post by Appoloin »

The suspend and hibernate are not working. Suspend shuts down the laptop but the system wont resume. In hibernate the screen goes blank but the fans don't switch off and the system doesn't resume.

The Laptop is a Toshiba A100-521, ram 512MB (shared), 40GB drive. The swap partition is over a 1GB. The OS is Linux Mint mate.

Only thing i can thing of, is the problem has something to do with the phoenix bios. I've read that some versions of this bios handle the hibernate/Suspend and not the OS. Any ideas on how to fix this?

PS
Is there a way the restart the usb service without a computer restart? I managed to crash it trying to write 6GB file to a Fat32 memory card (oops, i forgot)

ublungu
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Suspend / Hibernate <SOLVED>

Post by ublungu »

try the solutions in this webpage :

chriseiffel.com/everything-linux/step-by-step-how-to-get-hibernate-working-for-linux-ubuntu-11-04-mint-11/

It worked for me. Now my very old Toshiba netbook suspends, hibernates and wake ups from both states.

DaComboMan
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Suspend / Hibernate

Post by DaComboMan »

Our friend hasn't given a response, probably discouraged as i when looking through that link.

Suspend = hibernation ?

Having suspend issue on MATE 15 RC Oh! Livia!
Think it's relatively redundant issue with Linux distros.

Return to “Newbie Questions”