Upgrade to Mint 15?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
pfeiffep
Level 2
Level 2

Upgrade to Mint 15?

Post by pfeiffep »

This post possibly doesn't belong in the Newbie's section, but I couldn't figure out exactly where to post. Apologies in advance if I'm causing a Mod to do extra work!

I've been using Ubuntu 12.10 >13.04 and Linux Mint 14 for a couple of months and like both! I believe that 13.04 is a bit faster than Mint 14 possibly due to a new kernel.
I'm anticipating the arrival of a fully blessed and implemented Mint ver 15. I've read the appropriate docs and pretty satisfed with my intended fresh upgrade decision.

:?: My question is how and where does one discover exactly when ver 15 will be 'announced'?
HP Tower | Intel iCore 7 3.2Ghz | 12 Gb mem | SDD Win7 | HDD Ubuntu 13.04 & Mint 14 Cinnamon | USB HDD Ubuntu 13.10
Dell laptop | Intel celeron 1.5 Ghz | 2 Gb mem | HDD Ubuntu 13.04 | USB HDD Mint 14

Regards, Pete
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Upgrade to Mint 15?

Post by AlbertP »

You will see it on the Linux Mint website and blog, and on the Mint start page of Firefox as well (since the headlines of the blog are displayed there).

First we'll have the release candidate, which might be in a few days - it got delayed a bit because of problems with Grub and Ubuntu's "signed" kernel.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
jesica
Level 9
Level 9

Post by jesica »

You can also have a look on twitter if you use it,
https://twitter.com/search/users?q=linux%20mint

Happy apt-get-ing!

Security is the separation of an asset from a threat.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

It's on this Twitter account indeed: https://twitter.com/Linux_Mint

But the release candidate is already out now. It's not the final version yet; public testing can now be done. The issues that are already known, are on: http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_olivia.php
pfeiffep
Level 2
Level 2

Post by pfeiffep »

Thanks AlbertP & jessica

I noticed that a Release Candidate is officially announced today, I'm not in any hurry ... what is the usual time for the 'final release'?
HP Tower | Intel iCore 7 3.2Ghz | 12 Gb mem | SDD Win7 | HDD Ubuntu 13.04 & Mint 14 Cinnamon | USB HDD Ubuntu 13.10
Dell laptop | Intel celeron 1.5 Ghz | 2 Gb mem | HDD Ubuntu 13.04 | USB HDD Mint 14

Regards, Pete
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

It's usually in May too, a few weeks after the RC.

Return to “Newbie Questions”