mint nadia wont load on laptop

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
skipxlnt

mint nadia wont load on laptop

Post by skipxlnt »

cant get nadia to load on my wifes laptop...put it on my older desktop just fine...works great, but it wont load on her HP ENVY m6 with windows 8...wont let me boot from cd or run it live HELP ! Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rloftus

Re: mint nadia wont load on laptop

Post by rloftus »

Did you try changing the boot order in the bios?

Below is a link from the HP website on how to alter the boot order. You'll need to move the USB HDD setting above the hard-drive setting to be able to boot from a USB.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... =c00364979
HughT

Re: mint nadia wont load on laptop

Post by HughT »

Hi skipxlnt, the reason for this is the implementation of UEFI secure boot in PCs designed for Windows 8. Effectively it only allows Windows 8 to boot and prevents any other Operating System from doing so. However there are now work arounds for this situation. I've not needed to load Mint onto a UEFI PC, so can't give you a full set of instructions, but recommend that you search these forums for UEFI boot. Hope this helps, regards

Return to “Beginner Questions”