Root login

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
MrLinuxMint
Level 1
Level 1

Root login

Post by MrLinuxMint » Tue May 21, 2013 4:26 pm

I recently installed linuxmint 13 RC. I need to login as Root. I set my root password with

Code: Select all

sudo psswd
and logged out. In the past I was able to login as root user by typing "root" into the username and typing in the root password I set. On linuxmint 13 RC I went to the login page and when I tried logging in as root it said that I wasn't able to login as root user from the login screen. so how do I login as root user? I don't just want sudo privliges in terminal, I want to access my root account.

Thanks,

LINUX RULES

xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Root login

Post by xenopeek » Tue May 21, 2013 4:31 pm

Configure to "Allow local system administrator login." You do that in the Login Window application, Security tab.

MrLinuxMint
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Root login

Post by MrLinuxMint » Mon May 27, 2013 8:18 pm

xenopeek wrote:Configure to "Allow local system administrator login." You do that in the Login Window application, Security tab.

That worked
Thanks

LINUX RULES

Return to “Newbie Questions”