Desktop Icons?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
script_kitteh
Level 1
Level 1

Desktop Icons?

Post by script_kitteh »

Hi folks,

I have Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon, which I am enjoying very much. I have not had it long, so I am still learning. My question is, is there a way to put icons on the desktop for any program? For example, the default icons were a Computer and home icon, but say I wanted a Firefox or Pidgin icon on the desktop, how would I do that? I've been searching Google and going through every setting on my computer I can find, but I can't figure it out. Is this even possible?

Thanks
script_kitteh
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Desktop Icons?

Post by script_kitteh »

This is embarassing, I figured it out literally right after I posted this... I had to right click the program from the start menu rather than dragging/dropping :oops:
pfeiffep
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Desktop Icons?

Post by pfeiffep »

Not embarassing at all - your brain is always working out solutions to problems - in this case provided a solution almost immediately :D
HP Tower | Intel iCore 7 3.2Ghz | 12 Gb mem | SDD Win7 | HDD Ubuntu 13.04 & Mint 14 Cinnamon | USB HDD Ubuntu 13.10
Dell laptop | Intel celeron 1.5 Ghz | 2 Gb mem | HDD Ubuntu 13.04 | USB HDD Mint 14

Regards, Pete

Return to “Newbie Questions”