where to report bugs?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
wheeledgoat
Level 3
Level 3

where to report bugs?

Post by wheeledgoat » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:15 am

When installing new themes, I got this error message
Details: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/tmpTF4odj/cinnamon/cinnamon/cinnamon.css'
It only happened on one theme, the rest installed fine (though I can't be sure which one it was - I had like 6 selected at the time).

I'm not looking for support, really don't care much at all that a theme couldn't be downloaded, but in addition to the message above, the window suggested that I may want to report this. Being a newfound lover of all things Mint, I figured I'd do my part and follow through. Where do I do this?

I noticed this thread, [url=http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=206&t=92096]New location to report bugs[/url] - but it's for Mate - I've got Cinnamon on Mint15.

"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems. And that's a big mistake."
-Frank Wilczek

TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Re: where to report bugs?

Post by TBABill » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:29 am

wheeledgoat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by wheeledgoat » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:37 am

Thanks!

ugh. yet another site to sign up for. seems like i've been doing that a lot recently.

on a separate note, I wonder why I get so much spam? :roll:

"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems. And that's a big mistake."
-Frank Wilczek

EmpireITtech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by EmpireITtech » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Linux: Mint 19 Tara Cinnamon 64-Bit

Box 1: Intel Core 2 Quad | 8gb RAM | 500gb WD 7200rpm | nVidia Geforce GTS250
Box 2: Intel Core i3-3240 | 4gb RAM | 1tb WD 7200rpm | AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4550

Pants: 32x30

Return to “Newbie Questions”