perselect a user on the login screen

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
kyrios
Level 1
Level 1

perselect a user on the login screen

Post by kyrios »

Hello,

In 90% of the cases, it's the same user that connects to the computer (Let's call it user A). Therefore, I would like to know if it's possible to pre-select the "user A" so he can just type his password.

In case "user B" or "user C" wants to log in, they can just click on their name on the user list of the login screen as they currently do then type their password.

I don't want a autologin.

It's not a big thing, it just save a click for a user but still it improves the usability for that user and doesn't change much for the other users.

Thank you.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: perselect a user on the login screen

Post by Monsta »

Do you mean [url=http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=141814]this idea[/url]?
kyrios
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kyrios »

Yes almost the same idea with a little improvement : Even if there are multiple users, you could set a "favorite" user that is pre-selected. :)
As I said, not a critical thing, just a little thing but that could be handy for some people.

EDIT: Exactly as the issue logged on GitHub actually (https://github.com/linuxmint/mdm/issues/14)
Habitual
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Habitual »

SLiM allows for this behavior.
I don't know if Mint offers that package, but now you have something to "do". ;)

Return to “Newbie Questions”