sources.list

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
mhwelsh
Level 2
Level 2

sources.list

Post by mhwelsh »

Please may I have a copy of the correct 'sources.list' to use for Update 7.

My existing lists have produced a rider to the Update Pack Info "Your system is pointing to the 'Linux Mint Debian Incoming' repository. This is only recommend(ed) for experienced users."
This statement definitely excludes me!

martin welsh

kukamuumuka
Level 16
Level 16

Re: sources.list

Post by kukamuumuka »

And you are using Mint ??

cwsnyder
Level 6
Level 6

Post by cwsnyder »

You can basically ignore the warning, the Mint developers for LMDE basically take care of it for you as long as you update mainly through the Update Pack system.
LMDE Mate 64-bit, LM17.3 Cinnamon 64-bit
Debian Mate 64-bit, Xubuntu xenial 64-bit, Ubuntu-Mate 14.04 64-bit, Antergos Xfce 64-bit, PCLinuxOS Mate 64-bit

mhwelsh
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mhwelsh »

Thanks to you both.
Two updates failed miserably so, having used all of my broadband allocation, put in a new iso and updated those. The iso has the correct sources list!

Rolling updates are a joke for me.

martin welsh

cwsnyder
Level 6
Level 6

Post by cwsnyder »

LMDE is only a semi-rolling update if you use the update packs. If you tie LMDE into Debian Testing directly or Debian Unstable directly, you would have a true rolling release, then get ready for application breakages, you are part of the testing process. There are threads on this forum on tieing in to testing with different /etc/apt/sources.list files.
LMDE Mate 64-bit, LM17.3 Cinnamon 64-bit
Debian Mate 64-bit, Xubuntu xenial 64-bit, Ubuntu-Mate 14.04 64-bit, Antergos Xfce 64-bit, PCLinuxOS Mate 64-bit

Return to “Newbie Questions”