How to edit the list of languages on the login screen

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Astronaut

How to edit the list of languages on the login screen

Post by Astronaut »

I'm using Linux Mint 15 (Cinnamon) and I sometimes like to switch to a different language from the login screen. So I added my second language and that works nicely. However, the login screen persists in listing my two preferred languages and a whole lot of other languages as well - 2 forms of Chinese, 13 forms of English, and 20 forms of Spanish. How can I edit the list to remove the languages that were installed by default and leave only the ones I want to use in the list?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MaverickJester

Re: How to edit the list of languages on the login screen

Post by MaverickJester »

HI Astro,
Interesting question, I don't do this so often but my main language is English and I like to switch to German sometimes as it is helpful since A. I live in a German speaking country B. It helps me answer questions for friends who run in German. I searched on Google but did not find anything interesting. The only option I can think of atm is to remove the options for other languages from the system entirely. I would be interested to see other replies.

Good luck.

Return to “Beginner Questions”