Startup Options SOLVED

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ronandiver

Startup Options SOLVED

Post by ronandiver »

Hi...i'm an old dinosaur...running Mint 10 Julia. :oops:

Wee question..when you boot up,how do you get the desktop to automatically open to a certain website...in this case Google UK homepage ?

Thanks

Ronan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
daydreama

Re: Startup Options

Post by daydreama »

Hi Ronan,

I'll try and help. But am fairly new to linux and possibly may interpret what you're asking as something different. When your internet browser loads, if you want the first page displayed to automatically be the Google UK homepage, then go to the Google UK page, you then have to set it to be your homepage (if you're running firefox then go to 'edit' then 'preferences' - you then can set it as your homepage.).

However, if you're asking how to set it so that your browser automatically loads up when you first boot up your computer then I'm afraid I'm not sure how to do that. It would be cool to know how to do that though!!!
ronandiver

Re: Startup Options SOLVED

Post by ronandiver »

Daydreama

Typical...i manage to find the answer on youtube...thanks for your help anyway !! :D

For anyone as thick as me..here is the solution : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54b9I-g5uG0

Ronan

Return to “Beginner Questions”