Panel Span Extension

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
devsector

Panel Span Extension

Post by devsector »

Hello,

I installed [url=http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/extensions/view/20]this[/url] extension. I made sure it was installed and active. It wasn't working so i hit: alt + f2 then typed "r" to restart cinnamon. After i did this, still nothing. So i hit alt + f2 again and typed "lg" in the box. At that screen i clicked "extensions" then clicked on "reload code" after i clicked the extension worked. At this point i thought all was well....until i reboot my system and the extension doesn't work until i hit alt + f2 and click "reload code"

Why is that?
Are extensions suppose to automatically load when you boot your computer?
How do i make this extension automatically load when i reboot?

This is annoying to fix every time i reboot my computer.

I am using Linux Mint 15 64bit and cinnamon v1.8.6
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nomko

Re: Panel Span Extension

Post by nomko »

Do you have multiple monitors? As stated in the description:
.....spanning the menus across multiple monitors.....
My best guess is that you won't see any results with just 1 monitor.
devsector

Post by devsector »

nomko wrote:Do you have multiple monitors? As stated in the description:
.....spanning the menus across multiple monitors.....
My best guess is that you won't see any results with just 1 monitor.
I have two monitors...
filiptc

Post by filiptc »

Download the Panel-Span extension. Edit the metadata.json file to add your cinnamon version number. Mine reads:

Code: Select all

"cinnamon-version": [ "1.4.0", "1.4.1", "1.4.2", "2.0.14" ]
Finally copy extension folder to ~/.local/share/cinnamon/extensions and enable through settings.
Box293

Post by Box293 »

devsector wrote:At this point i thought all was well....until i reboot my system and the extension doesn't work until i hit alt + f2 and click "reload code"
I have this same problem. I have three monitors.
filiptc wrote:Download the Panel-Span extension. Edit the metadata.json file to add your cinnamon version number. Mine reads:

Code: Select all

"cinnamon-version": [ "1.4.0", "1.4.1", "1.4.2", "2.0.14" ]
Finally copy extension folder to ~/.local/share/cinnamon/extensions and enable through settings.
I have done this (mine is 2.2.16) however every time I reboot OR reload cinnamon I need to do the reload code step for it to span across all three monitors. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Return to “Beginner Questions”