will i be able to run petra even after it has eol

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
LISABLUEANGEL
Level 1
Level 1

will i be able to run petra even after it has eol

Post by LISABLUEANGEL »

can i run petra and get all my old updates for it even after it has reached end of life? because i dont want to keep upgrading my system when this is working just fine
Previous1
Level 4
Level 4

Re: will i be able to run petra even after it has eol

Post by Previous1 »

DId you consider LMDE? I don't know the fine print too well, but as a "rolling" release it has no EOL.
Tutorials | cynicaltux
Arch Linux i3wm, 64bit
gold_finger
Level 9
Level 9

Post by gold_finger »

LISABLUEANGEL wrote:can i run petra and get all my old updates for it even after it has reached end of life? because i dont want to keep upgrading my system when this is working just fine
You can keep running it, but there won't be any more updates. See here for possible solution: [url]http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=152585#p794581[/url]
Please add [SOLVED] to your thread if a solution is found. Go to your first post in the thread, hit "Edit" button and add [SOLVED] to the title of the post.

How To Format Your Forum Posts.

Try Linux Beginner Search Engine for Linux questions.
Pierre
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Pierre »

you can still run any O/S after it's EoL.

- it's the security of it, that is the main issue.

a 'nix O/S is still more secure even after it's EoL, - than another O/S from a major supplier.
:)
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Newbie Questions”